Pages

Review: Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Pack

For my first review I will be reviewing the Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Pack. Please bear with me and try not to cringe, I'm kind of new to this LOL :$

Too Cool For School from what I've heard is a relatively new Korean brand of beauty products selling makeup and skincare. My cousin got this for me in Korea a couple months ago in May while she was over there on vacation. While she was shopping for bb creams for me the lady recommended this mask, which apparently is really popular right now in Asia. This mask claims to make your skin smooth and white like an egg shell! Here's how it looks:



I like how its so simple and cute, its a nice change from really old-school looking products that look over-the-top luxurious.

What it does:
  • whitens and moisturizes skin
  • provides egg-based nutrients for the skin
  • deep cleanses skin and removes excess sebum and impurities
  • smoothes out the skin

How to use it:
  • after cleansing, apply all over your face except near the eyes lips and hair in a massaging motion for one minute
  • leave on for 5-10 minutes until all of the mousse has absorbed into your skin
  • rinse skin with luke warm water until all of the residue is gone 

My thoughts:
  • This actually DID whiten my skin, my skin was noticeably brighter every time I used it and it helped even out my complexion, but I didnt really feel that its moisturizing. My skin just felt really fresh and clean after I used it, not supple and moisturized.
  • *The reason why I really like this mask is that its really deep cleansing for me. My skin feels SOOOOO clean after I use it. I think it has some sort of acid in its ingredients, because right when I start massaging it into my skin I can feel my skin smoothing out. My problem area is my nose where I have a ton of blackheads, and also the gap where my nose meets my face (um... not sure what thats called LOL) builds up alot of oil and residue that is hard to get rid of even with cleansing. Everytime I use this mask everything gets cleaned out of there! I'm super impressed.
  • *As I said earlier this mask really does help smooth out my skin. I dont really have wrinkles or anything but my skin is pretty dry and flaky on my forehead and bumpy in a few places where Ive had whiteheads and whatnot. After I used the mask my forehead felt much smoother and so did the bumps! I guess it DOES kinda moisturize in that sense, but just not as much as I expected. It helped calm down my bumpy and dry skin. Ive read that some girls like to use it before applying makeup for a smoother surface. I've tried this but it didnt really make a difference in my makeup for me. Regardless, I still love how smooth my skin feels after using it :3 
  • Decent size; I've had this bottle since May and its still pretty full even though I use it every week. Also, you only need a little to cover your whole face. I usually use the amount in the picture below, but even with this I always have extra. 
  • Its inexpensive! My cousin got mine for roughly 16 000 won which is $15 CAD, but the thing is its hard to find them this cheap elsewhere. I found one on amazon for $45 CAD including shipping and another on ebay for $25.


7 comments:

  1. thanks for the review~
    there is outlet at far east plaza currently~ u may check out the store~ they sell with $23. I just got mine today~ haha~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you got it! I'll check out the store if I visit Singapore :)

      Delete
  2. I got this when I was in South Korea recently, and simply fell in love with it mainly because it really does make my skin so clean and refreshed after I use it.

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you happen to be in Hong Kong this weekend, the Bonjour chain is having a Korean sale (ends Sunday) and I just picked up a bottle of this egg mousse pack for my sister for HKD $59. Even better, if you're in Macau, go to their store there where you can pay in MOP, which is 3% differential cheaper than in HK.

    If you cannot make it to Hong Kong, consider buying from Bonjour online (www.bonjourhk.com). I have not bought from them online, so I cannot tell you how good the service is. I just checked, and they are quoting USD $11.79 for this egg mousse pack. If you go this route, try to buy enough to qualify for free shipping; otherwise, the shipping seems expensive to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I'll check out their store when I'm in HK!

      Delete
  4. The hand looks pretty small in the last photo.
    Are they yours?

    ReplyDelete