Pages

Chef Nooblyne: Coffee Cup Quiche

A while back I found a list of recipes on Buzzfeed for coffee cup foods! As in foods you can make by just mixing things in a coffee cup and then microwaving it... THE ULTIMATE LAZY FOOD. There were things like cakes, cinnamon rolls, desserts and whatnot but the quiche caught my eye because I LOVE QUICHE! When I had more time I used to make full on breakfasts with eggs, sausages, toast, oatmeal, fruit and et cetera, but I've gotten super super lazy nowadays so I try to keep the cooking to a minimum. BUT I still want to eat something remotely tasty and filling in the morning, with remnants of the breakfast I used to make, so this coffee cup quiche is the perfect compromise of a hearty (enough) breakfast and 15 minutes of saved time in the morning. The level of cooking experience needed for this is beyond minimal and it takes only 5 minutes! 


The original recipe is here, the following is my own version of it:

Ingredients:

- 2 eggs
- 1 handful of any meat
- 1 slice of bread
- salt
- ground pepper

Optional/Things I didnt use:

- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- fresh chives

1. Toast slice of bread until golden
2. Beat two eggs in a coffee cup while the bread is toasting
3. Rip up any kind of meat you find in your fridge. I usually just rip up a slice or two of cold-cut ham, cut up a single sausage or grab some shredded chicken breast.
4. Rip up the slice of toasted bread and dunk it all into the eggs. Make sure each bit absorbes the egg.
5. Add your meat and mix everything so that there's an even distribution of meat, bread and egg
6. Microwave until egg is cooked and tough. For me it takes roughly 2 minutes.

And now you have a decent breakfast! Better than just putting jam on toast right :D

Okay I realize this isnt EXACTLY as quiche-y as it should be. I dont really have cream cheese or chives on hand all the time at home so I couldnt use them. I also didnt use milk because the first time I tried making this I used milk thinking it would add more volume to my quiche but it made my eggs all runny and gross. So I guess this is kind of an omelet in a cup... or an omelet pie since it has bread ... D:

But anywho this is super easy and yummy once you tweak it to your own tastes. I love it because I can make it within 5 minutes even when I'm late for work or school.

Enjoy :)

2 comments: