Pages

Chef Nooblyne: Spaghetti Salad



Hello :) I think I'm going to start a series of posts called Chef Nooblyne where I will post recipes for random food I make.  I am by no way an actual chef nor am I good at it HENCE the name Chef Nooblyne! I'll just be posting quick, cheap, super easy to make food for all the lazies in us, which is what I literally make for myself 95% of the time. Because when you work and have school and want to cook real food...




SOOOOOOOO this is my version of Spaghetti Salad that I make pretty often :D Its not actually THAT healthy per se, the spaghetti is actually pretty fattening cause its heavy on carbs but I'm not really the type that counts calories LOL I just like to make food thats tasty and somewhat healthy... SOMEWHAT and its nice when you're craving spaghetti but don't want to cave into Pasta Tuesdays at Boston Pizza or commit to eating giant bowl of cheesy greasy spaghetti. I dont have exact measurements of what I use because I normally just grab everything with my hands and throw it into a bowl but here are some estimates you can tweak according to what you like:

Spaghetti Salad

- 1 cup of boiled spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups of kale or baby kale chopped up
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 2-3 table spoons of sesame salad dressing
- 1 teaspon of burdock floss

This makes one bowl. First I boil about a handful of spaghetti (this makes more than enough but I like extra for later) then after draining it I pour sesame oil onto it so that the noodles dont stick together and also so that it smells good. Then I grab about two cupsworth of baby kale and put it into another bowl and cut it up with scissors randomly, then add the diced avocado. After I add the spaghetti to the bowl and then pour in the dressing, mixing everything to make sure its all evenly coated (the dressing is the best part :B). Then lastly I put the burdock floss on top like in the picture then mix it all around. Burdock is a sort of root that Chinese people eat and put into herbal soups. The burdock floss I used is a vegetarian substitute for pork floss, which in my opinion is WAAAAAAY tastier! This is the basic recipe for what I usually make, I like adding purple yams, chicken breast, corn and other veggies as well, but I didnt in the bowl in this picture. Enjoy, stay fat! :B


No comments:

Post a Comment